Stay updated with the latest news and events in and around Mount Washington Valley to help you plan your trip better!
4th Annual Fly-In
Mount Washington Regional Airport (KHIE) is having its 4th Annual Fly-In on Saturday, June 29, 2019. This year’s event promises to be bigger and more exciting than ever with the first Airshow in New Hampshire’s North Country in over 30 years. Opening with a patriotic flag jump, the airshow will feature aerobatic performances by Scott Francis and Jason Flood, as well as a pilot skills competition open to all. In what must be a first for a fly-In, presenting sponsor Conway Scenic Railroad will bring its steam locomotive, the Canadian National Railway #7470 to the airport and offer a brief excursion. There will be biplane and helicopter rides, ATV fun rides, static aircraft displays, railway speeders, an antique tractor show, a classic car cruise-in and more.
Bring the whole family – There will be plenty of good food and fun for everyone. Visit our Craft Fair to shop and watch demonstrations by local artisans. Kids will enjoy a scavenger hunt, riding a miniature railroad, flight simulators and more. Bring a big bag for the helicopter candy drop at 3:30pm.
Treat yourself to a delicious Lobster or Steak Dinner starting at 5pm. Dinner tickets are $35 per person and must be purchased in advance.
10:00 am – Gates Open
10:00 am – 11:00 am AOPA Pilot Seminar
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm – Airshow & Pilot Competition
3:30 pm – Candy Drop
4:45 pm – 5:00 pm – Airshow Encore
5:15 pm – Steak/Lobster Dinner
8:00 pm – Close
Northeast Pilots – This is an event you don’t want to miss!
- Join our Aerial Scavenger Hunt on the way to the Fly-in. A list of target sites and GPS coordinates will be posted to this page on Friday June 28. Take a timestamped aerial photo of each one you find and earn points toward valuable prizes to be awarded at the Fly-In.
- Showoff your stick and rudder skills in our Pilot Contests for Short Takeoffs, Bomb Drops and Short Landings. Registration is $5 per plane per contest and you must participate in the pilot safety briefing meeting at 11:30am the day of the event. (Click here for rules.)
- Sharpen your skills and earn WINGS credits by attending “What Went Wrong”, a Pilot Safety Seminar presented by the AOPA Air Safety Institute. 10am-11am. Check back here for more details in the coming weeks.
- Want to stay overnight? Visiting pilots are now welcome to Camp at the Airport any time. Check back here for more details in the coming weeks.
- $3.99AVGAS for the entire event.
We will be providing more information over the next few weeks
If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 603-631-0621